Saturday, June 16, 2007

Waiting for Charlie

In about four hours a large, deaf, old dog is going to join our household. In a supreme example of how much of a softy I really am we are taking in a FOURTEEN year old lab. I am still not sure we are making the right decision for us but I know we are making the right decision for Charlie.

My fear is that I am going to fall in love with him and he will break my heart, but that didn't seem reason enough for us to say no. I have spent the morning tidying the house and loving on Harley. Wouldn't want the new dog to see how messy we really are!

I thought a blog would be a nice way to chronicle the challenges and experiences of adopting a senior dog. I don't really expect him to be with us for very long but I do expect that he will make a large impact on our lives.

No comments: