Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Change of subject - SNAKES

My regular time-wasting, I don't feel like working, I should be doing something else chatboard seems to be down today so you all get to see the new babies.

Old-man Chuck doesn't live alone - in fact even if we leave out the humans he communes with 3 other mammals, 10 neighborhood chickens (worthy of their own post someday), and as of Sunday, 11 reptiles.


Earlier this year we introduced Roxie, this lovely female Amazon Tree Boa
To Jack, our handsome male

We watched Roxie get fatter and fatter but we weren't certain that she was gravid. We are a bit unsure of her age and we weren't sure that we kept her warm enough, so although we both were secrectly waiting for babies to be born neither of us really spoke about it.

On Sunday Jenna came home from a friends and went to spray the snakes (they need to be misted a couple of times a day) and started yelling "hurry, come back here!!! hurry hurry hurry!!!" I am not sure where she thought they were going to go but I did HURRY to see what was going one. We had baby ATBs! Only 2 were alive but they look great. I think the original idea was to sell them but I can't see Jenna parting with them. We need to come up with names for the new babies.



1 comment:

wildtomato said...

They are so cute! Did you name them yet?

(For some reason, my blog feed was not picking up your posts. It's all fixed now, though. Harleysmom is a popular name!)